For our client, the Embassy of Sweden, we are looking for motivated candidates.
The Embassy of Sweden in Belgrade is one of about 100 Swedish embassies and consulates in the world. One main task which permeates all work at the Embassy, is supporting the Serbian accession to the EU. This work includes support to the reform processes in Serbia that are relevant for EU accession, through development cooperation. The overall objective of Swedish development cooperation with Serbia is to strengthen democracy and promote sustainable development in a way that improves the prospects for membership in the EU. One of the priority areas in which this is done is Security Sector Reform.
- Responsibility for contribution management, including analytical work and participation in a number of activities concerning external and internal cooperation and communication (contribution management focuses on the management and administration of Swedish contributions in the area of Security Sector Reform, including financial management of contributions)
- Following and reporting on aspects and development of Security Sector Reform in Serbia that are relevant for Swedish development cooperation and contributing to overall contextual analysis of relevance for Swedish development assistance to Serbia and Sweden's other relations with Serbia
- Maintaining and developing contacts with relevant Serbian authorities and partners and relevant international stakeholders
- Actively contributing to the Embassy presence in social media - part of the efforts in public diplomacy
- Monitoring and follow-up of EU assistance and coordinating the Embassy's joint response on EU assistance to the EU Delegation in Belgrade and to Stockholm
- At least three years of experience from programme management in a development context, from an Embassy or international organisation
- Specific experience and knowledge from development cooperation related to Security Sector Reform must be documented
- Social competence, ability and will to establish and maintain broad networks, engagement, drive and ability and interest both in generating and carrying out ideas
- Ability to work in a flexible way to respond quickly to changing needs of the development context
- Being communicative and able to work in a team
- Academic degree of bachelor level relevant for the functions to be performed shall be presented
- English – advanced level
- Good grasp of EU integration issuses and ability to take part in dialogue related to Serbia's EU integration an IPA support
Employment conditions: This post is a locally employed officer for temporary one-year employment, commencing with a six-month trial period. Salaries are set on an individual basis. The Embassy offers an attractive working environment with an ambition to be free from discrimination and provide equal opportunities for all.
Please send us your detailed CV and motivation letter exclusively by email, at email@example.com.
Deadline: October 28th 2013.
All shortlisted candidates will be informed by November 1st of next selection steps.